Holiday Lighting Calculator
Here are a few tips to help you save money on your holiday energy bill. Learn how much your holiday lights may be costing you with the Holiday Light Calculator at the end of this video.
- Holiday gatherings generate heat with cooking and guests in the home. Keep guests comfortable and reduce your holiday energy bill by turning down your thermostat as guests arrive.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with LEDs.
- Use a timer on your holiday light displays.
- Replace old holiday lights with more efficient LED lights.
- Reduce wasted heat by installing a programmable thermostat.
- Turn off other lights when not in use.
- Open blinds and curtains during the day to allow sunlight in to warm your home.
- Close blinds and curtains at night to keep cold, drafty air out.
- Use power strips for multiple small appliances, and turn off the main switch when you;re away from home.